Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Vivid Hair Colour Journal


○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○



○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○


Hi lovely cupcakes!

I'm in the middle of a transition right now (a good transition though!) and that is why I can't update my posts sooner. That means I'll be super busy!

I'll be distracting you by posting a "Hair Journal" as I call it.

This will be a photo heavy post...

Here, I will post about changes on my hair color just to record the fun of it!

From just trying out bleaching my hair to get a dip-dye look to shocking pink highlights! My hair also keeps on getting lighter! I really want those super bright and colorful (unnatural) hair colors! I'm aiming for turquoise, blues and purples next!


Who knows? I might turn into a unicorn one day! :3

Let's get to the pictures shall we? I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I do! ♥



○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○



First step was the "Experiment" or "DIY Dip Dye Trial"




And then there was the "Unexpectedly Shocking Hot Pink"

If you're wondering what haircut this is... I dunno... I cut my own hair and this is kind of an experiment. :p



Do you guys like it? I really LOVE IT!!


 Woot! Forgot to wear a bra here!






At this point, I started diluting the dye since it's so concentrated. 

I added highlights in my bangs and sections on the sides of my face because people think my hair is fake. Like I have some kind of clip-on hair or extensions. It's the first time I did highlights on myself. Thanks to the Internet, Google and WikiHow I didn't mess up!






Finally! A selfie of yours truely. Yeah, I'm a real person and not a company-produced blogger...
On the picture above, lower part of my hair was just bleached once whereas the sections on the sides of my face where bleached around 2-3 times and is light yellow before I dyed it pink. Also, I didn't retouch the color on the lower area and that is why it's orangey. I wanted a bit of variation. 






I lightened my whole hair using ash blonde thinking it will make the pink dye turn a bit purplish for a change of hue but ah... I followed it with bleach to lighten it more but it also stripped off the ashy color and so.. My hair is still pinkish. I tried doing rag rolls here for the first time too.

I'm kind of aiming for "the messier the better" look. My mom told me I looked like a doll when she saw this look. LOL!



Mid March 2014 

My hair color is faded...
And so I did a little experiment...



Dip Dye Bleached my hair 2 ways:

♥ HBC Bleaching Cream on my left
♥ Mondes Bleaching powder on the right



As you can see, they have very different results.
The bleaching cream had a toned down result compare to the powder bleach. But hair is less dry and is smoother than the yellowy-brassy right side.
I'll post a separate review on both and link it here. I'll repeat the process again to get a lighter shade.

I don't think I have to mention that they both stripped-off my previous color. ;)



○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○

March 2014 Update



Bleached my hair further to make my hair more pink and pastelly when it fades.

Mondes Spa Bleaching Powder
Bleached again using Mondes Bleaching Powder and 30 volume developer.
Then toned with blue food dye mixed with hair treatment.
White hair! yay!

I mixed some Shine Moist henna wax with my hair treatment that I use as a conditioner. This is the 2nd wash.
Cotton candy pink!♥

Shine Moist Henna Wax Cyclamen

I went crazy and added more pink in my treatment and let it stay for hours and tadah!
Pink hair again! I love it!♥

I think I might be pink haired like this forever. It really looks okay with my skintone but I probably won't color my whole hair pink. I like it gradual with darker roots.

I recently added blue streaks on my hair. It's a nice blue in all fairness. I only have a problem with it when it's wet. It bleeds to nearby pink hair. Not very cute. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the last one. you do look like a doll in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where i can buy the pink dye for hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make the toner omg i need toner 😭

    ReplyDelete